12/5/11

FOALS at TLA in Philadelphia w/ Freelance Whales



OK, before all the excitement from yesterday’s Foals show in Mexico City, here’s an overdue review from their show last week at the Theater of the Living Arts in Philadelphia on May 5, 2011.

An amazing 8-piece opening from Freelance Whales followed an eventless presentation from The Naked and Famous. Freelance Whales presented most of their Weathervanes great album, opening with “Generator First Floor” and closing with “Generator Second Floor”, including some of my favorite songs from that album such as “Location”, “Starring” and “Ghosting”. I should say that this band has grown significantly since I saw them first opening to Fanfarlo at Johnny Brenda’s about a year ago.

Foals performance, however, was for sure the main event, far beyond anything we saw that night and without a doubt one of the best live shows I’ve seen in Philadelphia. Their setlist, attached below, opened with “Blue Blood” and closed the night with an amazing performance of “Two Steps, Twice”.



Before last week, I have not joined the enormous excitement and recognition for this band, as displayed previously in this blog. For sure what I saw last “Cinco de Mayo”, made me add my name to that growing list of followers. The energy of the british band led by Yannis Philippakis is dangerously contagious and their live performance is flawless, making each and every song a dynamic experience that reproduces itself through the audience.

After the show I knew for sure I would like to be at last night’s Foals concert in Mexico City. I for one can’t wait for the review of that show.

In the mean time, I leave you with a clip taken from the Philly show for "Spanish Sahara", plus the setlist of that night.

Enjoy

MM


Foals Setlist for May 5, 2011 – TLA Philadelphia

1. Blue Blood
2. Olympic airways
3. Total Life Forever
4. Balloons
5. Miami
6. After Glow
7. Black Gold
8. Spanish Sahara
9. Red Socks Pugie
10. Electric Bloom

Encore
11. The French Open
12. Two steps, Twice


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario