12/1/10

"Work", the new album by the Shout Out Louds


After almost three years, The Shout Out Louds are coming back with a brand new album. Personally, I really like this swedish band, mainly because their extremely effective manner in which they remind me that there is still a tiny part of me that enjoys POP music. Their catchy tunes and uncompromising lyrics always leave me with a fresh feeling, allowing me to simply move on and almost acting as a palate cleanser.

"Walls" is the first single from their new album "Work", scheduled to be released on February 23, 2010. The album was recorded in Seattle in collaboration with Phil Ek (Fleet Foxes, The Shins, Modest Mouse).

The band recently started with the planning of their US tour, which will be followed by a grand collection of European sites. Luckily, this morning they announced a date for Philly, scheduled for May 3, 2009 at the First Unitarian Church. As expected, I already got my ticket...=)

I leave you with two videos, one from their first single Walls, and another from Fall Hard, a song I like very much, which was recently displayed at NPR.

Enjoy,

MM



Shout Out Louds - Fall Hard from Merge Records on Vimeo.



Fall Hard at NPR's All Songs Considered

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario